Hello my dear friends!! I’m back on the blog today to show you how to create a flipbook using the May Little Bits box! I create happy mail for my penpals, and they usually come in the form of a flipbook. I was sharing a flipthrough a couple of days ago on my IGstories, and Jujet suggested that I showcase one for you guys on the blog – so here I am! It’s really simple to make, and they are not confined to happy mail. You can easily turn this into a mini album with photographs and journaling – it’d be great as a gift too!
Let’s get started! I’ll be using the May Little Bits box, and holy moly.. it is FILLED to the brim with so much goodness! What I love most about the Little Bits box is that you can make a myriad of projects for your planners/scrapbook/project life/ etc.. The supplies never seem to run out, especially with all the digital goodies! Best thing about printables – you can print them non-stop! Lol! Okay, enough rambling, let’s get crafting!
- Cut your papers to your desired size. I used the backing of the dreamcatcher post-its as a template. Make sure they are all of the same size, and double-sided!
- Arrange them side-by-side, leaving a tiny gap in between so that your flipbook will fold and close nicely. This flipbook is a tri-fold flipbook, so you might want to arrange your papers accordingly.
3.Use washi tape to join the papers together. Don’t forget the little gap! After you’re done with this step, flip the entire thing over, and put washi tape over the other side too.
4. Snip off the excess washi tape.
5. Embellish! I love using doilies, stickers and die cuts. That little girl in the cute outfit is from the Digital Stamp – I printed her on sticker paper, colored in with copics and fussy cut her out!
6. Feel free to add pockets in this flipbook. I fill the pockets with goodies to gift my penpal. If you are making a mini album, these pockets will be great to add a tiny journaling card, photograph or a little keepsake.
This is the cover of my flipbook. The florals at the bottom are fussy cut from one of the digital papers. I added a doiley and some sequins for dimension and texture.
This is the inside of my flipbook. I added some of the dreamcatcher post-its to share with my penpal, and on the right side, I have more of those fussy cut florals, and a little vellum pocket for my mail tag. I made the tag from one of the papers, and doodled a little border and wrote the words. In happy mail, a mail tag is a series of questions to get to know your penpal better.
And behind the page with the vellum pocket, I have 2 more pages of goodies! On the right, I have some washi tape samples attached to the page using a paper clip, the digital stamp girl, and some enamel dots from the January Little Bits box. In the middle page, I have another vellum pocket filled with more goodies! I printed the sticker page onto sticker paper, and fussy cut them to share with my penpal. At the bottom, I cut out a portion of the labels from one of the papers.
That’s about it! I hope you enjoyed this mini tutorial, and I’d love to see you create some flipbooks/mini albums of your own! Have a great weekend! X