Hello my sweet friends! I’m back on the blog again, and today I have not one, but two fun projects for you using the April Little Bits box! I’m so totally obsessed with this month’s box. I was never really a unicorn type of girl, until I received this box. Lhey has converted me! I mean, the graphics and colours in this kit are right up my alley! Not forgetting to mention the amount of goodies in the box, Lhey spoils us silly, don’t you think? 😉
Anyhoos, let’s get started! The first thing I’m gonna share is this adorable hot-air balloon shaker element! When I saw that there were sequins in the box, I knew I had to make shaker-everything for my planner!
You will need:
Hot-air balloon decorative paper from the Little Bits Box
A piece of acetate (clear or printed, it’s up to you!)
A piece of cardstock
A pair of scissors
Sequins from the Little Bits Box
1. Fussy cut the hot air balloon.
2. Trace it onto the cardstock, and cut that out too.
3. Use a pencil and lightly trace a circle in the middle of the balloon. We are going to cut this out in the next step.
4. Using a penknife, carefully cut out the circle. The circle and the cardstock will be part of the base/backing of our shaker element.
5. Using the circle cut out as a guide, trace a slightly bigger circle on the piece of acetate. You want the piece of acetate to be slightly bigger than the circle element, but not bigger than the hot-air balloon. (I hope I’m making sense here!)
6.Cut this acetate circle out and make sure it isn’t bigger than the hot-air balloon. You might want to trim it slightly if it is.
7. Adhere this circle acetate on to the back of the hot-air balloon cut out.
8. Using either one of the hot-air balloon cut outs, trace the shape onto a piece of craft foam, including the window in the middle of the balloon. Cut the piece of foam to fit the hot air balloon, and cut the circular window carefully with a penknife. (You can see that I didn’t bother with the jagged edges. This is fine, since the foam will be hidden!)
9. Once you’re done cutting the foam piece to perfection, adhere it to the back of the hot-air balloon cut out (the one with the acetate window!)
10. Adhere the circle cut out on to the white cardstock. Make sure you align it properly by using the “front” part of our shaker (left one in the picture) as a guide.
Here, I made a booboo on my balloon as I got some glue on it. But no worries, I’m gonna cover it up with some decorative stickers from the sticker sheets! 🙂 You can choose to do the same if you’d like, or skip this step.
11. Put some sequins on to the middle of the balloon (the piece with the white cardstock). Be careful not to go overboard. You don’t want sequins falling out later when you shake your shaker!
12. Put some glue on the craft foam, and then carefully align the two pieces together before you press them together to secure.
Voila! You have your happy shaker hot-air balloon! ^_^ I used the bee and cloud sticker to cover up my booboos. And I also added a small quote sticker from the kit as well. I hope it was easy to follow and I hope you’ll try to make your own shaker element using the Little Bits Box!
I’d also like to share with you how I decorated my weekly horizontal inserts using washi, stamps, stencil and stickers from the Little Bits box! Let’s get started!
First, I stamped the images onto sticker paper, and colored them in using copic markers. You can choose to stamp and colour directly onto your insert, or use sticker paper/cardstock!
Next, I laid down my washi and used the colourful banner date covers from the sticker sheet. I used the stencil from the box to draw the hearts and circle checklist. Then I just filled in the dates. Did I mention how much I LOVE the gem gel pen? I also used some decorative stickers just to make everything look cute!
Last but not least, I fussy cut the stamped images out and stuck them onto my insert. Then I stamped the sentiments using the stamp set from the box! Love how it turned out! The stamp sets from the Little Bits box are seriously the perfect size for planners! Don’t you agree?
I hope you have enjoyed my blog post, and have a great midweek everyone! Don’t forget to subscribe to the Little Bits Box if you haven’t already. It’s happiness in a box every month with so much cute planner goodies. You won’t regret it!